Friday, March 8, 2019



"You're Not The Devil. You're Practise..." Tournament Report - Part 2.

I have previously published a post that ran down the Lists, results and a look at the tables etc. from my tournament on the 23rd of February. Our tournament winner and longtime attendee at my and other BMG events James Gregory offered to write up his experiences on the day so from here I will hand things over to him... 

Tourney report - Assassins Freed.



On the 23rd of Feb I attended Jack Glenfield’s BMG tournament ‘You’re not the devil. You’re Practice’ at Dark sphere in Waterloo London.
As always Jack put on a great event, a few less than normal but with 8 of us attending there was enough for a good 3 three games.

List 1
Boss Talia (Rebirth)
Deadshot (Suicide Squad)
Robin
Shadow Training
Goro
Grapple-gun, Combat Braces, Rare Nth Medallion, Trained in the Shadows, Venom dose
Hasssasin 2
Loyalty Tattoo
Pavilion A Subject
Prisoner 01


List 2
The Wizard [110/0$]
The Heretic [89/0$]
Deadshot (Classic) [90/600$]
Prisoner 04211 [18/400$]
Hasssasin 4 [22/0$]
Trained in the Shadows [0/300$]
Hasssasin 1 [20/0$]
Loyalty Tattoo [0/200$]


My first list was built against Magic and Mind control. Willshot is there to use reinforcements and pop out and take the main threat out. Super Goro and Damian take out the henchmen. Talia and bodyguard hold the opponent’s objective hoping to pick up some titan and clear up the rest. I would take the   -2 will power league stratagem and for mind control run will shot up with my henchmen to give them rerolls to their willpower checks making Goro 7’s with rerolls to control (or to hit someone with charm). I’m happy with those odds. Goro also has the Medallion to make him a little harder to cast, not that makes a difference to Constantine… I always try to take as many rerolls as I can because my first roll seems to always fail me. Handy, dualist and sharp are life savers.

The pipe and Loony do what they do best run and sit on objectives. (points for Vp’s scored the best models in the game). I have Damian and Goro up field turn 1 with undercover and hidden. But I try to keep them close as Goro can Give kill them to Damian and if I can do a sneaky inspire from Talia it takes Damian up to 9 attacks with all the rerolls and double blood… Also Talia makes Goro and Robin Beasts as they never degrade this is huge against stun damage as Goro is going to get up at full power and chop someone up.

My second list is built for one reason alone. Merciless…  I hate that Moth#? @:{”£er. Both Heretic and Sniper Deadshot just zone out and between them kill merciless The Wizard, Assault rifle Prisoner and Hassassins take out the henchmen and sit on objectives. Very straight forwards. Fortunately, I never faced merciless so I never got to try this list.

Game 1 Vs Ross (Asphalt Jungle).

Ross brought
Big Ivy, Rebirth Harley, Prisoner 93432, two plants (can’t remember which) Prisoner 47905. Echo and Query

I took my willpower stratagem and Reinforcements twice on Willshot.
He took his faction strat and reinforcements I think as well (not 100% on that).

Turn 1
I Place Goro and Damian up field using hidden and Undercover meaning they will be on the objectives turn 1 Talia and her bodyguard run onto the other. He runs all his crew up field and has a pop shot at Talia and the bodyguard with Query and misses. Goro decides to switch up and jump on Query instead. He missed with all but one of his attacks (even with all the rerolls in the world) and does double blood. Ross gets one of his riddles and rolls a 6 and gains 4vps

End of turn 1 I’m on 6vps ross is on 4vps

Turn 2
I get first turn.
Willshot jumps on to the side and bullet times kills poison Ivy…
Unfortunately, that is where the game ended as Ross conceded at this point.
I can understand his frustration, Willshot is a fun sponge. Once his main piece has gone I would have been an uphill struggle for him to compete. I had control of all my objectives and was preparing to take out his henchmen this turn with Goro, Talia and Damian leaving him with Harley and a Echo. I encouraged him to carry on but he was sure he wanted to concede.

We worked out the points that I would have gained that turn and it gave me a Major victory

Game 2 Vs Mark (Skirmish)

(This game was recorded by Marcus on momentous 2 on 2 if you want to watch it…)
I’ve played mark before and I knew this would be a close one. Mark is a great player and always fantastic to play against. He runs the batman tourneys in Huddersfield and I promise that one day I will make it up there.

Mark brought
Gordon, Azreal, Gotham Policeman, Arkham Guard 1 and 3 Quick Response 1 and 3 Agent O Connell Sierra (and another cop I think) He had a whistle and some ammo as well.
Strats: I brought extra objective and two reinforcements on Willshot (failed them both). Mark took the strat that lets two into the sewers and the brave and bold strat that gives arrest for 1sp

Turn 1
This game was super cautious. I held Goro and Damian on the left flank out of sight and threat range of Azreal and sat Willshot on an ammo waiting for his henchmen to jump through the sewers. Talia and loony took out the lights the others took some titan for later. Gordon shot Goro with helicopter and missed Damian waited till the end of the turn jumped onto the Lasarus pit crouched and dared the cops to shoot him. (It was ruled that you can’t crouch on the pit at that point) with Def 4(5 crouched) dodge(acrobat) and pings on 3+ he’s quite hard to shoot… a couple of cops shot and missed.
Mark held his guys back preferring to shoot me. Also he was worried to send his guys through the sewers as Talia and Willshot were waiting for them

I finished on 3VPs  Mark 0Vps

Turn 2
Mark went first and shot Damian but missed. Damian jumped back behind Goro. Gordon took some blood of Goro with the copper and Hidden sniper. Willshot shot a lamp and moved up the board ready to shoot next turn. Loony joined Damian on the flank. Talia waited and picked up titan.
Marks cops and Azrael moved closer to my guys but he was putting a lot in defence so didn’t move much and didn’t send his guys in the sewers again.

No points were scored this turn.

Turn 3
I got the first turn.
Willshot moved up and bullet timed and split his shots into an Arkham Guard and Quick Response 1 knocking out the guard and nearly taking out the other knocking him down. Not the best but I wanted him to be  a distraction to let Goro and Damian out to do some damage. Mark sent Azreal against him but Azreal wiffed. Goro and Damien jumped in onto objectives and Goro attacked a cop doing some damage but not enough to kill him Gordon did some more damage to Goro but also missed (Marks dice started to turn bad). This was the turning point of the game. If Marks attacks were more effective this turn it might have been a different result.

Turn 4
Azreal carred on hitting Willshot on the floor. Damian attacked Gordon chopped him up I moved loony onto the pit and finished a cop off with Goro Mark again failed to do any serious damage with cops he had left with ammo. I think the game went on for another turn but time was nearly up and Mark conceded the last round

The game finished with a Major win to me. Overall it was incredibly close and went my way in the third turn. Mark brought a really fun list and played really well making me think before every movement. Great game.


Game 3 Vs Karl (Looting)

So here I was final Game top table. I’ve been her before (a lot of times, I usually lose and get second or win and get second… Shakes fist at Liam…. Just call me the bridesmaid)

Karls list was
Constantine, Nightwing, Gordon, Arkham guard 1, Lerida, Sierra
Strategies: I took the will power strat and extra objective. He took fast advance and patrol on Constantine

Turn 1
I knew the key to winning this was to take out his henchmen as he only had 3 then he would have to move his big pieces onto objectives and Gordon was stuck on a roof so that would leave him just Nightwing and Constantine. I hid my guys out of line of sight and inspired Damian and Goro and moved Willshot into position. He moved his Nightwing onto the bat signal and turned it on. I jumped Goro up hit Nightwing doing 4 blood damage and turned the light off. Damian jumped onto an objective. He moved the rest of his cops up down the centre.

End of turn 1 I scored 4vps Karl scored 0

Turn 2
I went first again… I bullet timed Willshot to take out both Sierra and Lerida (or nearly take one of them out the other was finished off by Talia, not sure which happened) Constantine started his attack on Willshot Gorden missed his shots Damain and pipe held objectives. Loony ran behind a building as a distraction. Nightwing jumped to an area Goro couldn’t get to and turned the light on after Goro did another couple of damage to him.

I scored about 14vps Karl 3vps

Turn 3
I went first… Again…. I jumped Damian into Gordon and chopped him up. (Damian is great at killing Gordon). Moved Willshot onto an Ammo moved Talia into Constantine. Contantine took out the bodyguard Hassassin and did some serious damage to Talia. Talia whiffed and ran away Nightwing knocked out Goro.  The guard shot at Damian and did 2 stun damage. I was on all my objectives

End of turn 3 scored about 32VPs Karl 8vps

Turn 4
Finally, Karl went first. But it was pretty much game over. He killed willshot with Constantine. Goro got up and finished of Nightwing Damian killed the last guard leaving him just a very damaged Constantine. Karl called it there and we totted up points. I finished with My third Major win.


Tournament Summery. 
Overall a great tournament and a great run out with a new crew for me. I’m definitely going to keep playing with them. I love that Talia can redeploy to people and force someone to go last. That’s great against bodyguards. But in her list, it’s the henchmen that do all the damage Goro and Damien together are amazing and Willshot is a broken as he ever was and a great distraction piece as well because after that first bullet time, he’s done his job for me. I’m quite happy for people to focus on him whilst the squishy Damian is chopping folks up.
I walked away with the first trophy, a Bane Batbox (one of my other major crews) and frank miller Joker.
Finally, I’m not the bridesmaid… 

James Gregory




No comments:

Post a Comment